DCS Hornet GND align takes about 8 minutes. Stored INS align is faster than normal align.
To make Hornet INS use stored INS align:
- Start until right engine runs.
- Turn on and see MPCD. INS align is not started (INS knob in OFF position):
- Turn INS knob to GND:
- From MPCD see that INS align process (that 8 minute version) is started when computer shows quality and is counting time. Stop this and start stored heading align by pressing STD HDG:
- STD HDG stays boxed and align process is started again:
Note! Do not release parking brakes during align!
- Wait until time passes and QUAL says OK. Align took about 1:30:
- Turn INS knob to IFA position: